Last Updated: 01/04/2020 10.13am
All information is accurate at time of writing
This is the landing page for the staff in Romero during the changing educational landscape.
Letter sent to all staff is Letter to staff and governance
DFE Guidance for Safe Working in Education
For Mental Health and Wellbeing please click here https://romeromac.com/wellbeing/
For Primary Home Learning please click here www.romeromac.com/homelearning
For Secondary Home Learning information click here www.cardinalwiseman.coventry.sch.uk/covid-19/
For online learning for all staff www.romeromac.com/onlinelearning
For Home Working please click here for tips on how to maintain your emotional health
10 Exercises to strengthen your back and improve your posture when working at home
HSE Guidance for home working here
For Remote Working please follow these GDPR Guidelines www.romeromac.com/gdprinformation
COVID-19 Advice for Teachers and TA’s
Resuscitation Council UK Statement on COVID19 – CPR Guidance
NHS Guidance for first responders and others in close contact with symptomatic people with potential COVID-19 here
We will move increasingly to using Team Site on Office 365 for online meetings.
A help sheet is here Teams QS
- If you aren’t using a headset you need to mute your microphone if you aren’t speaking, otherwise it causes feedback and makes it difficult for others to hear.
- If it looks like bandwidth is an issue (on school wifi its fine could be variable on home wifi) people should turn off their cameras.
- Everyone has to learn that they can’t simply respond the way that you would in a meeting; be patient and aware of conversations and when to interject.
- Use the chat functionality where possible– don’t just leap in on voice as you just end up speaking over each other.
- Whoever chairs, as the key speaker, can the use of the chat to guide what you need to say or who you need to bring in.
Guidance during school closure to all pupils and partial opening to Vulnerable SEND pupils and children of Key Workers
We have endeavoured to put guidance together for job families to provide an outline of tasks that can be done during this period of partial closure.
This is guidance and not exhaustive and with approximately 500 staff who all contribute a key role to providing a ‘beacon of excellence for Catholic education’ we have tried to be pragmatic and generic.
Please engage with your Line Manager or Principal as appropriate to look at working pattern during this changing educational landscape. This is flexible and organic as the weeks go.
These may be subject to change as we have responded quickly to the announcement. Where appropriate, any updates will be clearly communicated to that job family.
Guidance for Lunch Supervisors
Guidance for Office Business Staff and Administration
Guidance for Pastoral Learning Mentors
Guidance for Teaching Assts and HLTAs
Shared Services Team
Guidance for Shared Services Team
Teachers and Leaders
Guidance for Senior Leadership Teams
From Father Peter to all Romero Staff
Encouragement from St John Henry Newman