Nursery Manager (Fixed-Term) – St Gregory’s School
Grade: Grade 5, Point 12 – 23 (£21,589 – £26,999) pro rata
Hours: 4 days per week, exact working pattern to be determined, Term Time + 1
Contract Type: Fixed Term (until May 2021)
Start Date: 4th May 2020
This appointment is with the Academy Committee of the school. The post-holder will, by personal example, promote the Catholic ethos and Mission of the school, ensuring that it permeates all aspects of the life of the school.
The closing date for receipt of applications is via email to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday 2nd March 2020. Interview date TBC.
To manage the provisions of the Nursery in the planning and delivery of the curriculum and in the provision of care and welfare to a specified group of children. To be responsible for administration and organisation of admissions following liaison with the Early Years Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a lead in the delivery of the curriculum and the preparation of materials and equipment for classroom activities.
- Participate in the provision of a full range of activities, commensurate with a child’s intellectual, physical, emotional and social stage of development.
- Supervise and direct group or one to one activities.
- Provide general care and welfare for the children, including:
- Physical care and attention for personal needs.
- Acting as carer for sick children until appropriate qualified medical assistance is available and/or until a parent/guardian collects the sick child, employees must not administer first aid, unless qualified to do so.
- Providing comfort and support to children in distress.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a stimulating and attractive environment, and specific differentiated programmes to develop interpersonal skills.
- Assist with the preparation and supervision of educational visits.
- Provide management of the staff in Nursery, liaising with EYFS Leader.
- Ensure, as far as is reasonable, the provisions of a safe, secure and healthy environment for children.
- Foster links between home and school, and maintain good communication with parents.
- Maintain a partnership with parents for the management of behavioural and emotional difficulties.
- Maintain simple records, as directed, and contribute to the periodic assessment of children.
- Contribute and participate in in-service training and staff meetings, as appropriate.
- Guide and assist nursery students and other trainees, unqualified staff and volunteers.
- Participate in initiatives/developments within the school.
- Any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade.
- And such duties as are within the scope, the salary grade and the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post, and its grading. (Please refer to the Notes of Guidance for further clarification).
All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to the Romero Catholic Academy’s Health and Safety Policy.
Post holders will be accountable for carrying out all duties and responsibilities with due regard to the Romero Catholic Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Duties which include processing of any personal data, must be undertaken within the corporate Data Protection Guidelines (Data Protection Act 1998)
Nursery Manager Applicant Pack