Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant – Good Shepherd School
Grade: Grade 1 (points 1-2, £17,364 – £17,711) paid pro rata
Hours: 7.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday 11:30am – 1:00pm
Contract Type: Permanent
This appointment is with the Academy Committee of the school. The post-holder will, by personal example, promote the Catholic ethos and Mission of the school, ensuring that it permeates all aspects of the life of the school.
The closing date for receipt of applications is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday 2nd March 2020. Interviews will take place week commencing 2nd March 2020.
As a Supervisory Assistant at Good Shepherd Catholic Primary School the core purpose of the job is to be responsible, under the direction of senior staff and in co-operation with Catering staff individually or as a member of the team, for securing the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the midday break period, in accordance with the laid down procedures and practices of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising pupils in the dining hall, playground areas and school premises ensuring an acceptable level of order and discipline is maintained according to the guidelines set by the Head Teacher.
- Ensuring, where appropriate, that pupils have washed their hands prior to lunch and assisting them to do so where necessary.
- Ensuring each pupil has access to a meal, encouraging them to eat their food appropriately, displaying good table manners.
- Assisting pupils in the collection of food trays and plates and ensuring that pupils line up in an orderly manner.
- Assisting very young or less able pupils in developing eating skills.
- Supervising and assisting pupils to return waste food, plates, cups and cutlery to the appropriate points.
- Undertake ancillary duties including the wiping of tables, cleaning of spillage’s (e.g. food, vomit).
- Assist kitchen staff with the setting up and putting away of tables and chairs.
- Assist kitchen staff with brushing and cleaning the hall floor to ensure that no traces of food are left, ready for the curriculum in the afternoon. For health and safety reasons this should be completed so that the hall floor is clean, dry and ready for a 1.15pm start.
- Provide basic First Aid care, maintaining records of accidents/incident where appropriate and passing relevant information onto the class teacher.
- Act as Care for sick children until appropriate qualified medical assistance is available and/or until parent or guardian collects sick child.
- Making a telephone call to parents in line with the First Aid policy when a child has a head bump, eye injury or an injury to the personal area.
- Organise suitable games/activities to play with the children encouraging co-operation and a happy, fun playtime.
- Organising suitable indoor activities for pupils when there is inclement weather and ensure that pupils remain in their designated areas.
- Support the school behaviour policy through such initiatives as ‘Community Service’ and through giving rewards such as stickers, praise etc.
- Deal with behavioural issues, informing the Senior Lunchtime Supervisor of any serious issues.
- To remain sited in the area assigned by the senior supervisor unless an emergency arises.
- Following fire and evacuation procedures and checking pupils are safe.
- During closure of schools, to assist the kitchen staff with general cleaning duties in the kitchen and dining area and in particular the cleaning of dining furniture.
- To attend and contribute to Lunchtime Supervisor meetings when called to improve communication and performance.
- And such duties as are within the scope, the salary grade and the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post, and its grading. (Please refer to the Notes of Guidance for further clarification).
All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to the Romero Catholic Academy’s Health and Safety Policy.
Post holders will be accountable for carrying out all duties and responsibilities with due regard to the Romero Catholic Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Duties which include processing of any personal data, must be undertaken within the corporate Data Protection Guidelines (Data Protection Act 1998)
Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant – Applicant Pack