Assistant Principal – St John Fisher Catholic Primary School
Grade: Leadership scale – points 4-8
Start Date: 1st September 2023
Hours: Full time, 5 days per week
Contract Type: Permanent
St John Fisher Catholic Primary School wishes to appoint an exceptional practitioner with the ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and staff. This role will suit an ambitious individual who wishes to aspire in leadership in Catholic Education. It is our aim as a school, to work in partnership with parents and carers to ensure the best possible start in life for our children. Saint John Fisher is a Catholic school with our mission statement, ‘Through Christ we live, love and learn in our caring community’ at the heart of everything we do. As one of eight schools within The Romero Catholic Academy, the role can provide an opportunity to work across other schools driving school improvement through the Academy.
We can offer:
- A caring, happy school with a committed team and a strong Catholic ethos;
- A wonderful team of colleagues who are friendly and supportive.
- Enthusiastic, well-motivated and excellently behaved children.
- Supportive parents and Local Governing Body Members.
- A true commitment to Continuing Personal Development
- Access to shared curriculum planning and resources.
- Leadership coaching and support.
- An excellent pension scheme.
- An employee assistance programme and 24-hour online GP service
- A cashback healthcare plan
- The chance to work for a Family Friendly and Wellbeing Focussed Employer
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the Catholic Ethos and vision of the school.
- Be an inspiring leader with high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour.
- Proven experience of working in Primary Education
- Understand progression in and be passionate about developing a curriculum that lays the foundation for the next phase of pupils’ education.
- Have experience of leading and managing staff with strong interpersonal skills
- Have experience of providing high quality pastoral and SEND support to pupils.
- Be a great team player with the ability to motivate others.
- Be an excellent communicator with a welcoming manner and calm disposition.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to raise academic standards.
Application forms should be submitted to email@example.com by the closing date below.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Closing Date: Friday 9th June 2023 at 9.00am
AP Applicant Pack
Recruitment Monitoring Form