This page was last updated 19th November 2020
National Restrictions from 5th November 2020 – Click here
National Restrictions – What you can and cannot do here
Equality Impact Assessment
Please find below, a copy of the Equality Impact Assessment:
*New* Equality Impact Assessment – The Romero Catholic Academy This has been updated on 27th August. The staff refers to those in TRCA from 1st September. The pupil data will be added once schools are fully opened.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Coventry schools –Final copy published August 22nd 2020
This document to the right, sets out the actions that schools and others should take where members of the school community have Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms click here. There are four Scenarios and they could lead to closure of a school(s) within the Romero Catholic Academy. This document is supported by the TRCA Covid 19 Sept 20 Closure plan detailed below.
- Each school is using the MAC template to tailor the Risk Assessment to their school community.
- All Trade Union local branches have been emailed the information to view Risk Assessments and provide response (reference email 15th July).
- Each school is consulting with staff who are Trade Unions representatives. The TU representatives are asked to feedback to local branches.
- The Board of Directors will be meeting on 20th August to determine if schools are safe to open based on information and Guidance at the time
- In the week beginning 24th August each school will convene and Health and Safety Committee including any key staff, governance and Trade Union representation.
- The Board of Directors, Academy Committees and Principals will be meeting on 27th August to determine schools are safe to open.
- This information will be updated to the Board of Directors on Friday 28th August in readiness for opening on Tuesday 1st September.
- *New* TRCA Test and Trace Policy – updated 4th November 2020
- TRCA COVID 19 Sept 2020 Closure plan (including Remote Education n) (to follow)
- TRCA Strategic Plan 2020 – 2024 (to follow)
- TRCA Operational Plan 2020 – 2021 including Action plans (to follow)
- Each school has an Autumn Arrangement plan detailing the staggered timings and site usage for each year group/ phase as appropriate. You will find it after Section 10 in their Risk Assessment
- September Opening -Agenda for Health and Safety Committee
- September Opening – NGA Guidance here:
- DfE Guidance on Out of School Setting; Indoor and Outdoor Provision and Education Visits available here
- DfE Guidance on Performing Arts available here
Autumn Term Risk Assessments Final Live Version – last updated 19th November 2020
Please find below, the Risk Assessments for each of the schools within The Romero Catholic Academy. Fortnightly on a Wednesday, the document is reviewed and updated. Each Thursday we upload the reviewed document as a PDF.
Highlighted changes in green are the most current changes made by the school
TRCA COVID 19 Risk Assessment Cardinal Wiseman inc SST – Final live version 19th November 2020
TRCA COVID 19 Risk Assessment Corpus Christi – Final live version 18th November 2020
TRCA COVID 19 Risk Assessment Sacred Heart – Final live version 3rd November 2020
TRCA COVID 19 Risk Assessment St John Fisher – Final live version 3rd November 2020
TRCA COVID 19 Risk Assessment Good Shepherd – Final live version 3rd November 2020
TRCA COVID 19 Risk Assessment Saint Patrick – Final live version 18th November 2020
TRCA COVID 19 Risk Assessment Saint Gregory – Final live version 11th November 2020
TRCA COVID 19 Risk Assessment SS Peter and Paul – Final live version 18th November 2020
NASUWT Response to Headteachers July 2020 here
NEU Workplace Checklist for September here
Unison guidance (received 5th August 2020) click here
Unite GMB Unison NEU checklist for September click here
Training Powerpoints –
These will be updated where appropriate for September opening
Risk Assessment slides (now updated with August 28th guidance)
Section 0 Welcome back Updated 30th August
Section 1 Establishing a safe and gradual approach Updated 30th August
Section 1b Safeguarding Updated 30th August
Section 2 Determining the number of pupils who can be accommodated Updated 30th August
Section 3 Preventative measures to reduce the risk of transmission Updated 30th August
Section 5 Securing and sustaining robust hygiene systems and procedures Updated 30th August
Section 6 Curriculum organisation Updated 30th August
Section 7 Enhancing Mental Health support for pupils and staff; Bereavement Updated 30th August
Section 8 No PowerPoint required at this stage
CCC Schools Reopening PPE Guidance – updated on 27th May
We are using the relevant HSE documentation to enable us to keep our communities safe
Health and Safety Policy
This is the MAC version which is individualised and available on each school’s website.
Useful Videos for children
EYFS Risk assessments
Corpus Christi EYFS Risk Assessment Final Version Updated 9th July
Good Shepherd EYFS Risk Assessment Final Version Updated 9th July
Sacred Heart EYFS Risk Assessment Final Version Updated 9th July
SS Peter and Paul EYFS Risk Assessment Final Version Updated 9th July
St Gregory’s EYFS Risk Assessment Final Version Updated 9th July
St John Fisher EYFS Risk Assessment Final Version Updated 9th July
St Patrick’s EYFS Risk Assessment Final Version Updated 9th July
SEND Risk Assessment